|Officer Incharge: Dr Mahesh Chandra Yadav
Contact Number: 011-25849214, 9208, 3296 Ext 305
Address: ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources Pusa Campus, New Delhi – 110012, INDIA
To support teaching, research and extension programmes of the National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources
9.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. (Mon- Sat). Closed on holidays
Categories of documents
The Library has good collection of books mainly related to plant genetic resources besides including books on other subjects such as genetics, plant breeding, biotechnology, molecular biology, taxonomy, seed science, crop sciences, medicinal plants, horticulture, plant pathology, computer sciences, chemistry, Hindi literature etc.
– Library subscribes national and International journals in print and on-line format related to Bureau’s mandate. A good collection of back volumes of journals is the strength of the library.
Reference collection –
This includes encyclopaedias, dictionaries, maps, handbooks, atlases and some reference books related to plant genetic resources.
Size of collection as on 31 March, 2016
||Collection Size in Number
|Bound Volumes of Journals
|Online Electronic Journals
Guidelines for the readers
1. Working hours
The library remains open from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on working days (Mon to Sat). It will remain closed on holidays.
2. Do’s and don’ts of the library
<57pt:> 2.1 Publications taken out on loan are subject to check by the person on duty.57pt:>
<57pt:> 2.2 All umbrellas, hats, sticks, books, bags etc. should be left at a place provided for the purpose. Only note books and pens/pencils are allowed to be taken
for use inside the library.57pt:>
<57pt:> 2.3 Smoking is strictly prohibited in the library.57pt:>
<57pt:> 2.4 No one shall, either for the purpose of correcting an error or otherwise, make any marking, whatsoever, in the publications in pencil or ink. Underlining
words and sentences there in, dog-ear pages or otherwise damage is strictly prohibited.<57pt:>
3. Loss of publication due to damage
<57pt:> 3.1 In case any publication is damaged or disfigured, or pages or pictures are removed by the readers then the reader shall be required to replace it by a new copy
or to pay the present cost of the material including service charges decided by the Competent Authority.<57pt:>
<57pt:> 3.2 The borrowers are required to examine the books and periodicals at the time of receiving them. The last borrower will be held responsible for any damage.<57pt:>
4. Cost recovery of lost book
<57pt:> 4.1 The cost of the lost books in foreign currency will be charged at the current conversion rate of the currency.<57pt:>
<57pt:> 4.2 Lost books should be replaced by a new book with overdue charges, if any, including service charges decided by the Competent Authority.<57pt:>
5. Members & users of the library
<57pt:>5.1 All the bonafide staff members, scientists, technicals and students of NBPGR, New Delhi, are eligible for membership of the library. Research scholars
and trainees of NBPGR can only use the collection in the library only<57pt:>.
<57pt:> 5.2 All ICAR employees can use the collection in the library itself.<57pt:>
<57pt:> 5.3 Bonafide research workers belonging to other institutes may be permitted to use the collection in the library only after providing an authority letter from
the head of their respective organizations regarding the use.<57pt:>
<57pt:> 5.4 Every person who enters the library will sign on the Visitor’s Register.<57pt:>
<57pt:> 5.5 The number of books and other documents that can be issued to members are as follows:<57pt:>
|Category of member
No. of Books/Journals that can be issued
|Technicals (T-5 and T- 6)
|Technicals (T-II-3 and T- 4)
|Technicals (T-I and T- I-3)
6. Loan and late fee:
<57pt:>6.1 Each book/periodical shall be issued only on membership ID provided to the member of the library.
<57pt:> 6.2 Books will be issued for 15 days but these are liable to be recalled at any time. After due date a late fee of Rs.1/- shall be charged per day per book.
<57pt:> 6.3 Reference books (only few subject books) and journals available in the library may be issued overnight to all the scientific and technical staff (T-6 and above) and
must be returned the next day before 10.00 a.m. Failure to return such books or journals within the time prescribed above shall
subject the borrower to a fine of Rs. 1/- per day. Persistent abuse of this privilege will attract disciplinary action.
<57pt:> 6.4 Reference publications such as dictionaries, encyclopaedias, handbooks, yearbooks, atlases, maps and gazetteers will not be issued on loan.
<57pt:> 6.5 Theses, dissertations, CDs are not lent out of the library.
<57pt:> 6.6 Any infringement of the above rules shall render the defaulters liable to be deprived of the privileges of using the library or such other disciplinary measures
as may be determined by the Competent Authority.
Ø Reference Services and General Assistance
Ø Inter-library Loan
**All the scientists, technicals, students, and employees of NBPGR New Delhi can register themselves for the membership of the Library. Membership form can be downloaded or can be collected from the library counter. Membership form needs to be attested by Head of the Department. All scientists, students, technicals and staff members are provided library ID number for issue of library documents.
Users of the library
- All ICAR employees can use library collection only in the library.
- Students and faculties of other university and employees of other governmental organizations can also use the library collection in the library only after providing an authority letter from the head of their respective organization regarding the use.
- Books are issued for 15 days. Reference books (only few subject books) and journals are issued overnight only.
- The readers should check the books thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, markings etc. while getting them issued. The last borrower will be held responsible for any damage.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the users on return. Damaged books will have to be replaced by the borrower with a new one.
Conventions for issues / return
- Books/journals are issued to all eligible members as per their entitlement.
- Reference publications such as dictionaries, encyclopaedias, handbooks, yearbooks, atlases, maps and gazetteers will not be issued on loan.
- Theses, dissertations and CDs are not lent out of the Library.
Cost recovery of lost books from the library members
Following are the approved criteria for recovering the cost of lost books from the library members:
- The cost of the books in foreign currency to be charged at the current conversion rate of the currency.
- Lost books should be replaced by new ones with overdue charges, if any, including service charge decided by the Competent Authority.
Items that are returned after due date are considered overdue. Overdue fines are assessed at the following rates:
- Rs. 1.00 per day for the books /Journals
Reservation of the documents
- Please contact library counter for reservation of the books.
Reference services and general assistance
**Readers may approach the library counter for information or any assistance in the use of the library collection and services. Users may contact the library staff for computerized services, CD ROM-based search services and web-based electronic journals. For special information requirements, the users may also approach the librarian.
The library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of encyclopaedias, dictionaries, handbooks, maps, atlases and some reference books related to plant genetic resources.
Under inter-library loan facilities, NBPGR staff avails IARI library membership facilities. For other libraries also these services may be provided to the NBPGR staff on request.
Library provides free of cost photocopying service only for literature (books and journals) to the scientists and technicals staff of the Bureau. However, Rs.1.50 per copy is charged from the outsiders.
- Bibliographical Database
- Full Text Database of Theses
- Online journals
- Consortium for e-Resources in Agriculture (CeRA)
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
On-line bibliographic databases
To access above three Databases click here http://intranet.iari.res.in/
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts 1970 to 2016
- Zoological Record 1978 to 2015
- Zoological Record Archive 1864 to 1977
To access above four CABI Databases click here www.cabdirect.org
Full text database of theses
To access above Database click here http://www.hau.ernet.in
- KrishiPrabha – Electronic database of Indian Agricultural Doctoral Dissertation ( Full Text)
1. Open above CCS HAU Website
2. Click on “Off Campus User”.
3. Click on “KrishiPrabha (e-Theses)”.
4. Click on “Click Here to Search in KrishiPrabha Database.”
5. Click on “ IP User”.
6. Click on “Search Options”
Search Options comprises of Keyword Search, Basic Search and Advance Search Browse displays all records authorwise/titlewise in alphabetical order.
1. Plant Genetic Resources: Characterization and utilization (2003-2016)
Click here http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayBackIssues?jid=PGR
2. Hort Science (1990-2016)
Click here http://hortsci.ashspublications.org/
3. Journal of American Society of Horticulture (1990-2016)
Click here http://journal.ashspublications.org/
4. Economic Botany (2016)
Click here http://www.springer.com/life+sciences/plant+sciences/journal/12231
5. Botanical Review (2016)
Click here http://www.springerlink.com/content/120948/
6. Taxon (2005-2016)
Click here http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/iapt/tax
7. Journal of Essential oil Research (1997-2016)
8. Plant Biotechnology Journals (2003-2016)
Click here http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-7652
9. Seed Science Research (1999-2016)
Click here http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=SSR
10. Oxford on-line journals: (1997-2016)
1. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica (2004-2013) Click here http://abbs.oxfordjournals.org
2. Annals of Botany (1996-2016) Click here http://aob.oxfordjournals.org
3. AOB Plant (2009-2016) Click here http://aobpla.oxfordjournal.org/
4. Behavioral Ecology (1996-2016) Click here http://beheco.oxfordjournals.org/
5. Bioinformatics (1996-2016) Click here http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/
6. Briefings in Bioinformatics (2000-2016) Click here http://bib.oxfordjournals.org/
7. Briefings in Functional Genomics (2002-2016) Click here http://bfg.oxfordjournals.org/
8. Database (2004-2016) Click here http://database.oxfordjounals.org/
9. DNA Research (1994-2016) Click here http://dnaresearch.oxfordjournals.org/
10. Genome Biology and Evoloution (2009-2016) Click here http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/
11. Forestry: An international journal of Forest Research (1996-2016) Click here http://forestry.oxfordjournal.org/
12. Integrative and Comparative biology (1996-2016) Click here http://icb.oxfordjournals.org/
13. The Journal of Biochemistry (1996-2016) Click here http://jb.oxfordjournal.org/
14. Journal of Experimental Botany (1996-2016) Click here http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/
15. Journal of heredity (1996-2016) Click here http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/
16. Journal of Molecular Cell Biology (2009-2016) Click here http://jmcb.oxforjournals.org/
17. Journal of Plant Ecology (1996-2016) Click here http://jpe.oxfordjournals.org/
18. Molecular Biology and Evoloution (1996-2016) Click here http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/
19. Mutagenesis (1996-2016) Click here http://mutage.oxfordjournals.org/
20. Nucleic Acids Research (1996-2016) Click here http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/
21. Plant and Cell Physiology (1997-2016) Click here http://pcp.oxfordjournals.org/
22. Systematic Biology (1997-2016) Click here http://sysbio.oxfordjournals.org/
AgriCat is a Union Catalog of Library Resources of Indian Agricultural Research & Education System (NARES). It intends to provide open access to all the catalog of the holdings of NARES libraries so that the sharing of library resources become possible. One can easily locate a resources availability and the complete details and previews in some cases. At present 38 libraries are part of this activity. The NAIP which aims to facilitate accelerated and sustainable transformation of Indian Agriculture through innovation, has supported this development though eGranth sub-project.
Click Here http://agricat.egranth.ac.in
An Institutional repository of Indian National Agricultural Research System. Here you find full text of ICAR Institute and SAU's Publications. ICAR-NBPGR Publications also available there.
Click Here http://krishikosh.egranth.ac.in
CeRA (Consortium of e-Resources in Agriculture)
CeRA is Consortium of e-journals being subscribed by NAIP, ICAR and provided access to 123 libraries of Agriculture (NARS) for the years 2008-13. NBPGR library is also one of the libraries among 123. Through this service the user can access the following major on-line Portals and Bouquet of Journals from Publishers with full text of an article.
2. Annual Reviews
3. CSIRO (Australia)
4. Taylor Francis Link
5. Oxford University Press
6. Elsevier link
7. Indian Journal
8. AAAS (American Association for Advancement of Science)
9. American Science of Agronomy
To access the above nine e-resources please click here http://www.cera.jccc.in/
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
Bibliographical database of NBPGR Library collection (Books and Journals) can be accessed on OPAC. There are links to search books and journals, checkout status of books, recommendation of books.
To access OPAC Click here http://192.168.1.241:8080/jopacv06